• An assortment of citrus, totaling about 2½ to 3 pounds
• 8 navel oranges
• 3 mandarins
• 1 blood orange
• ½ fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
• ½ shallot, peeled and very thinly sliced
• ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
• ¼ cup mint leaves
• Reserved fennel fronds
1. Slice the peels off of the citrus and place in a bowl or on a serving plate. Layer with thinly slivered fennel slices. Add avocado slices and shallot slivers.
2. In a small bowl, slowly whisk the olive oil into the champagne vinegar until emulsified. Add the honey and whisk to mix. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and season with more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with reserved fennel fronds and mint leaves.